Capita IT Resourcing is currently recruiting for a Desktop Support Engineer to join our FTSE250 client on one of their flagship accounts. This is a great opportunity for a candidate to come in at this level and gain access to training, exposure to new technologies and progress into other roles such as Application or Database Support.
The successful candidate will initially be responsible for:
* Providing desktop support to the business unit.
* Contributing to the design and use of efficient and automated build processes for new user devices.
* Ensuring all endpoints comply with group policy and report exceptions.
* Assisting with the patching, management and reporting of company endpoints.
* Escalating IT issues to the FrontLine Team Lead where necessary.
* Diagnosing and resolving technical issues.
* Monitoring and reporting managed printing issues and host the third party during resolution.
* Installing authorised software to laptops and desktops and maintain the approved software list.
* Ensuring security and upgrades are applied and kept up to date across all desktops and laptops
* Managing antivirus installations to all desktops and laptops
* Fault-finding for laptops and desktops.
* Reporting faults and maintaining logs on desktops and laptops.
* Completing internal user moves.
* Ensuring all logs for equipment and users are maintained.
* Requesting appropriate purchase requisitions for IT hardware/software
* Ensuring all software purchased is recorded and maintained by licensing
* Setting-up new users and disable expired accounts in accordance with business requirements
* Preparing accurate and professional documentation, meeting materials and correspondence.
* Performing basic administrative support duties as required to meet specific operational objectives
* Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary.
* Working extra hours to meet deadlines, as required and where reasonable.
* Providing assistance and support to colleagues in IT-related matters.
* Ensuring that a high level of customer service and support is provided to all internal and external customers
Essential skills and experience required for the role:
* Working knowledge of Laptop and Desktop computers.
* Working knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 8 Operating Systems.
* Experience of working with Active Directory Domains, policies, admin and support.
* Strong troubleshooting skills.
* Experience of managing and deploying standard device builds
* Knowledge of software installations.
* Strong organisational skills and able to prioritize and co-ordinate effectively.
* Ability to multi-task and manage time well.
* Work without supervision and under pressure.
* Show initiative and be able to think ‘out of the box’.
* Ability to see the bigger picture.
* Good written, verbal and presentation skills.
* Flexible and open to change.
* Able to work with all levels of staff.
* Quality conscious.
* Willing to take ownership.
* Willing to share information.
If you are interested in the role and would like to apply, please send me your CV in response to this advert for immediate consideration.
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
View Full Job Description.
This Position is being held on another website. Please click apply to view the full advert.
Career Ladder Partner jobs are live on Career Ladder for a set amount of time.
We apologise if the position is no longer live on it's host site.
Click "HERE" to go back to the search results.
£20000 - £25000/annum