Capita IT Resourcing is partnered with an exciting software company based in Bracknell. They have enjoyed significant year-on-year growth again and are now looking to grow their software development team. The Software Developer role with this client is highly diverse and involves working with a variety of programming languages and interfaces to deliver creative, unique and powerful services that push the boundaries of communications technology. The role holder will be responsible to design, develop and maintain up-to-speed and various bespoke interfaces used by some of the world’s largest organisations to deliver mission-critical communications.
The role holder will become part of a fast-paced, dynamic team who will develop a huge range of secure, flexible applications that give the company enormous differentiation in a highly competitive market. The Software Developer role will also liaise with a variety of other engineering departments as well as Project Management, to help coordinate the successful delivery of applications to customers.
The successful candidate must be able to maintain a strong awareness of industry developments to provide a framework for driving innovation within the business. This role will be essential in supporting the continual growth of the company in domestic and international markets as well as ensuring that the company’s international reputation for high-quality service delivery is maintained.
Experience and skills:
- A minimum of 2 years of commercial development experience
- Offer technical input during the tendering phase of projects
- Develop, apply, maintain and continuously improve technical documentation best practices and standards to continue and enhance the company’s excellent international reputation
- Have demonstrable experience of developing high quality applications
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems
- Be able to produce software specifications/design specifications
- Must have the relevant documentation to work in the UK on a permanent basis
- Be hard working, ambitious and eager to acquire new skills
- Good time management skills
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Good written skills
- General customer facing skills
- Uphold the company’s values and ethos, and adhere to relevant quality & security frameworks to enforce the company’s accreditations (e.g. ISO9001, ISO27001 and ISO14001)
- Be well organised with excellent attention to detail.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience in designing and building scalable, responsive systems
- Ability to work user-friendly applications
- Proven experience to deliver applications to a high degree of usability
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Experience of Web Security i.e. OWASP, ISO 9001, ISO 27001 and PCI/DSS for security and quality purposes
- Web Service development ideally using .NET
- Windows forms development ideally using VB.NET
- Experience of SQL Server, writing Stored Procedures, Functions, SSIS and any experience of performance tuning queries or databases
- Ability to converse with users at all levels of IT literacy and rank
- Have a full UK driving licence
- Be comfortable working in a fast-growing company full of enthusiastic, highly intelligent colleagues.
If you are interested in the role and would like to apply, please send me your CV in response to this advert for immediate consideration.
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
View Full Job Description.
This Position is being held on another website. Please click apply to view the full advert.
Career Ladder Partner jobs are live on Career Ladder for a set amount of time.
We apologise if the position is no longer live on it's host site.
Click "HERE" to go back to the search results.
£45000 - £75000/annum