A Material Controller with experience working within a Material planning and control environment is required to work a permanent basis for our Defence client> based in Basildon.
Overview of the Material Contoller role
Control the supply of manufactured and purchased items in a timeframe that supports the Master Production Schedule (MPS) ensuring that all material in supply chain is at an appropriate build standard and available to meet the time driven requirements of the manufacturing plan Maintain material status within SAP expediting internal make and external supply items to ensure compliance to plan. Monitor output from the SAP plan and report on noncompliance.
Key Responsibility Areas
* Interface with Manufacturing & Supply Chain and Procurement to facilitate progress to completion of WIP or delivery of materials in accordance with required schedule
* Co-ordinate supplier scheduling that may be impacting progress to completion of material to the plan
* Review, release and manage internal work orders in line with the plan Control of RTV material logistics from shop-floor back to supplier. Implementation of FRB/MRB actions.
* Delivery of kits to and from the line.
* Call off material from suppliers to the plan convert to PO's against procurement enabled PIR's or SAP
* Advise relevant internal stakeholders when delays likely to impact achievement of MPS, proposing re-prioritisation of work within the plan and solve problems
* Control suppliers schedule/expediting priorities considering impact on other projects involving the same supplier.
* Escalate via Procurement if contractual impact
* Initiation of shipping process
* Administer & reschedule production orders. Attends & contributes to production reviews. Key member of IPT.(Integrated Project Team)
* Work closely with Manufacturing Management, QA, Project Management, Planning and Logistics
Key skills required for the Material Controller
Proven technical experience, either through qualification or recognised training and experience in a production control environment.
Experience of material planning and control environments. Knowledge of manufacturing, assembly & test environments. Experience of SAP material control preferable,
The role is based in Basildon
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country’s largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client’s and candidate’s needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a “one-stop shop” to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website (url removed)
View Full Job Description.
This Position is being held on another website. Please click apply to view the full advert.
Career Ladder Partner jobs are live on Career Ladder for a set amount of time.
We apologise if the position is no longer live on it's host site.
Click "HERE" to go back to the search results.
£24000 - £30000/annum